Sunday, August 3, 2008

Oh what fun!

So this weekend has been awesome!! Friday night Kari, Krysten, and I had a girl's night out! And yes we did actually go out! We got all dressed up and went to Color Me Mine! Color Me Mine is a pottery place where you paint your one pottery and they fire and glaze it! We had so much fun! The hardest part of the whole experience is trying to decide which thing to paint. It probably took us around 30 minutes just to decide. We each ended up doing a mug and a bowl. Next comes the decision of what colors and what designs to do. I have such a hard time with this because I love colors so much and would love to use them all.....but that would just end up nasty! Once we got settled in and started painting a group of 12 year old girls sat at the table just behind us. I believe this was one of the most entertaining portions of the night. We listened to these young girls talk about their boy problems, how many people they knew, and how mature they were! I loved it!
We we got done at color Me Mine we returned to my apartment and discovered we were all very hungry! Kari, Krysten, and I have a very hard time making decisions so we have resorted to a sort of not it game to make one person make the decision. We put our fingers on our noses and whoever is left has to make the decision! haha it is so much fun! we finally decided on Pizza! So we went to Smiths and got pizzas but now we had to decide on what to have for dessert! haha we spent 15 min in front of the ice cream trying to decide on what we wanted. We ended up with sherbet! Then we came back to my apartment and started watching Elizabeth Town and ate our pizza and sherbet! But we only got a little ways through the movie when we all started falling asleep. We thus decided to continue the movie on Thursday for our Thursday movie day! haha Good times, good times!
Yesterday I went to Ceder City for their Shakespearean festival! It was great fun! I had never seen any of Shakespeare's plays. Kari and I road there with her Shakespeare class on a bus. We watched "Two Gentlemen of Verona". It is one of Shakespeare's earlier works and a comedy! I liked it a lot. The only problem was there were a couple of jokes that were somewhat dirty. I didn't like that. But the tip as a whole was very fun! Someday when I am married and have children of my own I want to expose them to cultural things like Shakespeare!

No comments: