Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rain!!!!!

I never realized how much I loved rain until I moved to the desert. For the past two weeks I have been craving rain like a pregnant woman craves steak, or whatever she craves. Utah I believe finds itself very funny. Over the past two weeks there has been about 5 or 6 times when it got very cloudy, the temperature dropped, the air smelt like rain, and it even had the gul to have thunder and lightening..... I had given up hope for a rainstorm and thought I was going to have to wait for my trip to Washington for rain. Well last night when I was sitting in my bedroom doing nothing, there was a knock on my door. Kari appeared and announced that it was raining and I should come and play! I cannot explain to you how happy I was for that rain!! I and five other girls ran outside and frolicked in the rain. When we were pretty much soaked, Kari and I went to the park and swung on the swings. We watched the Thunder and felt the rain and wind on our faces! I guess Utah isn't so bad after all! She did play with my emotions for a couple of weeks but that made me all the more satisfied when the rain did come.

No comments: