Saturday, March 14, 2009

Engagement!!!!!!

Well tons has happened since the last time I blogged! Most of you already know I am engaged and getting married on May 1st in the St. Louis Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!!!! My fiance's name is Mackay Merrill and he is from Mesa, Arizona. He served a mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Tokyo, Japan from 2006-2008. Mackay got home just before school started this past fall semester. We were in the same ward together. We noticed each other at the beginning of the semester but did nothing about it. I really was not interested in dating anyone and shut him down a few times. He decided I was not interested and moved on. Then while we were on Thanksgiving break my roommate and his roommate decided they should hook us up. Well Chloe informed me that Mackay was indeed interested and I was finally ready to start looking at prospects for dating. Mackay and I began hanging out more and more with each other and it was great fun. We went to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional and at the end we were walking around the Temple grounds and he grabbed my hand. Roughly 2 weeks later we both went home fro Christmas break. It was amazing to me how much I missed this wonderful man. Well Mackay and I talked on the phone everyday for at least an hour and it was the highlight of each of my days. Well a couple of days he called me one morning and asked if I would be willing to fly out to meet his family if he payed for the plane ticket. I of course was ecstatic! I could not wait to see him! I flew out there on New Years and had a blast with him and his family. we drove back to Provo in the 3rd and about a week later started talking about marriage. we decided it was what we both wanted and that it was right! So on Friday the 9th of January mackay proposed. Oh don't worry I will tell you how it happened. It was right after lunch and he asked me to go for a walk with him (not out of the ordinary.) So we walked to our park...it has a lot of sentimental value to us... and he gave me a piggy back right across the snow...I hate to walk in snow...then when we got to the pavilion he was jumping around showing me all of his mad ninja skills! Then he told me the best ninja skill of all is the power to stun...then he pulled the ring out of his pocket and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! It really was wonderful!!!!!!!
So yeah now we are getting married! basically everything is planned. We only have to do our announcements, register, and get my dress altered and we will be done! I have never been so happy!

No comments: